Shop New Summer Arrivals
Free shipping on orders over $99!
An air tub lets you transform your bathroom into a luxurious, spa-like atmosphere. Initially created for hospital use, the idea for the air bath was developed in Europe during the 1980s to provide therapeutic massage while maintaining the highest hygienic standards. It was introduced to the commercial market a few years later.
You can adjust the speed and type of massage on most tubs to create an experience that is completely adaptable to your needs, whether soft and caressing or more vigorous. The mechanism features an air blower that pushes air towards a distributor, which directs the air through multiple jets strategically installed within the bathtub.
Each jet of the air massage system is positioned in the bottom of the tub for efficiency and comfort. When you are in the water, the jets are generally positioned to surround your lower back, hips and legs. Therefore, the massage is focused directly where it's most needed. For additional comfort, some models warm the air to body temperature through a heating element integrated within the blower.
The benefits of air bath massage include:
• Relaxing muscles, while stimulating the production of endorphins
• Making muscles more receptive to the benefits of the massage
• Activating the lymphatic system and blood circulation
• Relieving pain related to arthritis, rheumatism and other concerns
• Releasing tension after a hard day of work
• Producing an effect of well-being