Ships in 1 - 2 Business Days
- Product Finish: Antique Copper
- Material: Copper
- Length: 9-1/2"
- Width: 4-3/4"
- Height: 9"
- Mounting Hardware Included: No
- 1-1/2" diameter hole.
- Perch is 2-1/4" L.
- Made of an insulating wooden liner with a copper exterior.
- Antique Copper finish with Antique Brass accents.
- Pre-drilled hole for wall mounting.
- Copper and brass will naturally patina if left untreated.
- To maintain finish, seal with lacquer or wax before first use, and periodically add a coat of sealant.
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviewsSignature HardwareShibori Three Sided Hammered Copper Birdhouse - Antique Copper
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Signature Hardware Shibori Three Sided Hammered Copper Birdhouse - Antique Copper:
None of these copper-clad birdhouses offered by Signature are acceptable to most birds. Apparently, the maker in Turkey did not consult a birder. They do not include ventilation near the top (or anywhere), nor do they have the requisite drop needed from the opening to the floor, usually five inches, which allows room for the nest to not block the entrance and to thwart predators from reaching in and easily getting at the fledglings. And because of the only 1.5" drop, the bird babies are way too high in the house. It also does not allow for drainage (holes in the bottom) to allow for easy drying out from blown-in rain and urine, allowing mold to build up. Only the necessary drop from the hole to the floor cannot be corrected by a handyperson, but that drop is important. Copper is pretty, but if put in the sun will get too hot; the inner wood of these houses does abate the heat, but only slightly. There must be a reason why these are so affordable: And now you know.