Ships in 1 - 2 Business Days
- Material: Brass
- Handle Type: Knob
- Design: Colonial
- Mounting Hardware Included: Yes
- Made of solid brass.
- Knobs measure 2" in diameter.
- Plates measure 2-1/4" W x 7" H.
- 2-3/8" extension from wall.
- Includes all necessary operating parts and fastening hardware.
- Fits doors with standard 2-1/8" diameter borings.
- Includes a 4-1/4" spindle for use on 1-3/8" - 1-3/4" thick doors.
- Trim only sets can be used with existing locks, provided that the spindle accepts fine threaded knobs (20 threads per inch).
- Technical Information
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviewsNew York Door Knob & Plate Set - Privacy, Passage and Dummy
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Attractive Design
Comments about New York Door Knob & Plate Set - Privacy, Passage and Dummy:
These locksets look very nice. But they have some issues.
The primary issue is that they are very hard to turn - they feel like they are locked, unless you hold tight and turn hard. At first I thought it was an installation issue with the faceplate rubbing on the knob or maybe it just needed lubricated. However, the real problem is that the internal spring used is just too stiff. I haven't experimented yet with lighter springs yet, but I intend to. Older folks will have a definite problem operating these locksets as they come.
Some other issues are: The split shafts that connect the knobs are corroded where they swivel. That will quickly lead to a failure and the ability to pull the knobs out of the door. Also, the threads on the knob, and/or the shaft threads are sometimes stripped, again allowing premature failure and the knobs pulling off. One more thing - the supplied screws are shoddy. The phillips head size seems to be the exact size between a #1 and #2 phillips, so either screwdriver doesn't seat well, adding to the ease of stripping the head on the soft brass.
With all these issues, you are paying 3 times what you should have to, once you have to spend your time and money fixing issues and/or supplying your own better parts.