Inspired by vintage designs, this smudge pot has a round, self-righting design and can be used as bug-repellant when filled with citronella oil.
Ships in 1 - 2 Business Days
- Made of powder coated metal.
- Weather-resistant finish.
- Overall dimensions: 5-1/4" diameter x 6-1/2" H (including 1-1/2" lid).
- Holds approximately 24 oz. of torch oil.
- Bottoms are weighted to prevent tipping.
- Attached ring keeps the lid tethered and stores the lid when smudge pot is lit.
- Intended for outdoor use only.
- Use with citronella fuel (sold separately) to repel mosquitoes and other insects.
The Best!I have the 5 inch smudge pots. I finally have a product that will remain lit in our ever-present winds by the bay. I tried them first on an extremely windy evening. I let the oil sit overnight so the wicks would be ready. It took multiple relights to get the new wick to hold the flame without blowing out. When the wicks achieved whatever they needed, they stayed lit in some pretty high gusts in addition to the steady wind. Be careful to place the smudge pot away from children and get it where you will be able to leave it when you snuff it out because the container will be very hot. I have not yet had a windless evening to test effectiveness against the mosquito hordes, but I have high hopes. The flame and smoke are bound to deter them somewhat. Putting the cap on the flame did not completely douse the flame, but blowing on what was left put it out. I highly recommend the smudge pots. I have tried cheap plastic versions and fancy crafty glass ones, all in vain. These are sturdy for a lifetime and they work very, very well. Keep safety in mind and you will love these. I got the shiny copper, but the first use blackens so much that I don't think the finish choice makes a big difference. The bottom line is these work better than anything else on the market. Thanks, Signature Hardware, for a superior product!
Write Your Own Review